There is add-on for SAP Business ByDesign which lets you to integrate MS Outlook with it. It will then allow you to attach emails to leads, customer accounts etc. The problem is that its meant for 32 bit computer but who uses 32 bit computer nowadays?
Luckily there’s one trick to get it to work even with Windows 10, 64 bit and Outlook 2016.
First thing you need to Download and install Outlook plugin for BYD. You can follow the guide found here.
Steps from the guide are:
- Activate Microsoft Outlook Integration from the scoping.
- Select Service Request Management from scoping (Optional, will work without it)
- Assign accounts to Microsoft Outlook Integration users. (Also optional, will work with any user in my experience)
- Install the add-in
- Restart Outlook.
- Log on to the ByDesign plug-in in MS Outlook
In reality you will have problem between step 5 and 6. There’s no plugin available in Outlook. Here’s how you can fix it, quite simple.
- Locate your BYD Outlook plug-in installation. Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Business ByDesign\Add-In for Microsoft Outlook
- Run file named: sapOutlookAddIn.vsto
Now you should see BYD Outlook plugin in your Outlook.